Note that some links will break as pages are moved, websites are abandoned, etc.
If this happens, please try searching for the page in the Wayback Machine at www.archive.org.
Chiropractors should not promote their services as an alternative to vaccination or treat children for conditions like autism and asthma. I would like the relevant authorities to take the follow actions:
• prohibit chiropractors from using the honorific “Dr” and from referring to themselves as doctors;
• discourage health insurers from providing benefits for chiropractic care, other than for treatment of lower back pain;
• provide educational material to the public advising of the limitations of chiropractic and the dangers of some chiropractic procedures;
• prosecute chiropractors who claim to be able to treat conditions that are not plausibly amenable to spinal manipulation, such as autism and ADHD; and
• prohibit chiropractors from treating young children for any reason.
Peter Bowditch, Immediate Past President of Australian Skeptics Inc., Australasian Science Magazine (November 2010)
NOTE: The Chiropractors Association of Australia (CAA) took exception to the content of the above article and decided to make a formal complaint to the Australasian Science Magazine. Peter Bowditch's response to the CAA’s concerns can be read here.